I'm not really sure how to start this whole thing except to just come out and say it...
Blake, Samantha, Easton, and I are moving to Melbourne, Australia!!!
Yes, we are moving to the other side of the world!
(Shouting in both excited and terrified tones here since you can't actually hear me screaming.)
This has happened very quickly, all within the time period of a few weeks, finalizing within the last couple of days.
Here is what we know so far and what we have been asked most commonly:
- Blake has accepted an amazing job assignment that requires him to work within the Australian office of his current company. (He isn't changing companies, just jobs within his company.)
- Blake's start date is set for mid-February. He will be in Australia then, and the kids and I are going to try to join him at that point in time or as soon as we can once we make sure that everything here is situated and settled.
- We haven't decided whether or not we are going to sell our house. We should be making a decision as soon as we possibly can.
- More importantly, we haven't decided whether or not we are going to sell the Jeep. Ahhhh! (Terror-filled screaming with this one.)
- The vet has cleared Whiskey and the cat to come along with us on the trip. They are going to just love the three hour flight to LA and the 13.5 hour flight to Melbourne, not to mention the four hour layover in between flights.
- Maysee will be living the life of luxury and refinement with MawMaw and PawPaw because she is a senile old lady who has a heart attack when we put her in a car, much less on an airplane. I am going to cry for her when we leave and while we are away, but I will give her more love than she knows when I am home visiting and when we come back in a couple of years.
- The amount of time that we will be in Australia should be between two and three years, but a specified return date won't be determined until farther down the road.
- We are very aware of all of the dangerous animals/insects that reside in Australia. If we don't recognize it, we won't approach it/touch it/swim next to it/make it a pet. Promise!
- We have discussed this with the people we love the most, and they are all being amazingly supportive and excited in the midst of this crazy turn of events.
This is right for our right now, and it is right for our future.
I can't wait to share with all of you our adventure as it unfolds!...
Now, back to trying to decipher Australian lingo.