Friday, July 9, 2010

Gulp, Swallow, Loosen Collar

Pre-European trip, I had a difficult time pulling myself out of bed each morning.

I'm not a morning person.
I'm actually a bum that would sleep all day long without getting out of my pajamas if I could justify it.
(It's just that there are only a few times when that works out.)

But now... I'm having a hard time sleeping at night. 
I just can't seem to turn my mind off. 
I have a million things that I'm thinking about constantly.
As soon as I move past one worry, another pops into place.

There are several large (as in life-changing) events brewing in my future. 
None of these are at my disposal to reveal.
And, I am having a hugely difficult time pushing these aside to live my day-to-day life.

For the record:
I am NOT complaining (aside from the "I want to shout these things from the roof!").

All of these storms brewing aren't really storms... They are more like rain showers.
Showers that will overwhelm and cover Blake and I for a short period of time.
Showers that will eventually reside.
Showers that will enable the growth and health of our future and our lives as a family.

These things that are clouding my every thought are wonderful and exciting, but for the time being must be kept under lock and key until the appropriate time. 
(Which will probably be some time from now.)

Have I confused everyone yet?
Yes?
Well, okay then.
My job is done.

1 comment: