Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Little Cheap Never Hurt Anyone - Sofa Throw

Over the past few months, I have been trying to find something to replace my current navy throw that is draped over the back of my leather chair sofa triad*.
Technically a triad is a chair that is 2 and 1/2x the size of a regular chair.
(I'm sure you were curious as to what a triad is.)

I needed something that wasn't woven since Maysee loves to snuggle with me.
Her nails have a tendency to pull the strings, making the fabric unsightly.

After trying to find something, looking everywhere...
T.J. Maxx
Steinmart
Tuesday Morning
Target
Etc., etc., etc.
...I was unsuccessful.

Everything that I saw that I liked was too expensive.

Enter fabric from Jo Ann's.

It took me longer than expected to sew the edges of the fabric (since I had to do it by hand; I don't have a sewing machine), but in the end I'm thrilled with the fact that I spent $20.00 on fabric and ended up with this:

Maysee was pretty thrilled too.
Can you see the unbridled excitement?
She can barely contain herself.


Sometimes I have to remind her to calm down and relax.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I cant believe you did it all my hand! That is amazing. The dog is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent work my dear. Maysee is adorable! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric! Maysee is pretty darn cute, too. I can see she is beside herself. :)

    ReplyDelete