Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Look on a New Day

Did you notice I changed my blog layout and look?
Did you notice the little owl in my header?
Hehe... I feel so clever.

The owl is the mascot for Rice University.
Blake graduates in May from Rice University.
Get it?

Anyway... 

When I initially started this blog, I wanted it to be all about simplicity.
It didn't matter whether each post tied in with the last; it didn't matter what topics I touched on.
All that mattered was that I was working toward one goal...

    
Living simply. 
Isn't that what we all want?

I know that for myself and my family, I am looking for one thing and that is to be happy.
I know that I can accomplish this through the simple things in life.

I don't need...
...fancy cars
...expensive jewelry
...extravagant trips to exotic locations
...shoes that cost more than my weekly salary
(which isn't a lot)
...perfectly groomed fingernails


But, I do need...
...sunshine for my flowers
...lunch dates with a husband that I don't get to see often
...coffee to coax me out of bed each morning
...hope that tomorrow will bring change to a sick mom
...my two pups to remind me that I am loved constantly


 I need the simple things that I know I take for granted.
But they are all I need to be happy. 

What simple things make you happy? 

2 comments:

  1. love the new look! the pups pic is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute new layout, you are so creative! My simple pleasures...coffee and a husband who loves me enough to set it every night before we go to bed so that it's waiting for me when I get up...and a hot shower...I seriously thank the person that invented modern plumbing EVERY morning when that first hot spray hits and wonder who that person was...and hope his family still gets some sort of royalties from the invention. :)

    ReplyDelete