Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Exactly is a "Happy Home"?

Have you ever heard, "A clean house is a happy house." 
For those of you who know me on a personal level,
(as in have met me in person before)
                                                                                  you know that I am a fairly clean person.

I like for my house to be tidy.
               my yard to be freshly mowed.
               my dogs to be groomed.
               my porches to be swept.
               my windows spotless.
               my flower beds blooming.
               my laundry fresh and folded.
(and on and on and on and on and on)

If you haven't guessed (or flat out told me at some point), I'm pretty much a perfectionist.
Not that it's a bad thing.
Not that it is something that controls my life.
Not that if it doesn't get done the world seems darker 
and things start to spin 
and my vision clouds with red... Where are I?

Seriously though, what makes a house happy?

Well, I convinced that it's not a "clean" house.

Secretly, I think a happy house is a house that shares...
Shares anything from laughter,
to food,
to celebrations,
to joy,
 to pain,
 to friendship,
to experience,
to holidays,
to love.
I hope that my house is a "happy home". 

No comments:

Post a Comment