Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lemon Ice Box Pie

I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna be happy.
I'm gonna be content.
I'm gonna recognize the blessings in my life.
I'm gonna move past the things that may be unpleasant or hard.
I'm gonna take it day by day.

There is so much that I can't even begin to be thankful for...

Free Rice Education
Maysee and Whiskey
Amazing Jobs
Sunny Days and a Topless Jeep
Travels to Turkey, London, France, and Greece before Christmas
Trusting, Loving Friends
Visits with Both Families in May
Full Refrigerator and Pantry
Finances in the Black
Church with Open Arms
Clean Cobra Resting in the Garage
Lemon Ice Box Pie

Blake and I are blessed.
From all angles.
From all sides.
From all viewpoints.

A week ago, I had my face buried in Blake's chest. 
My words were stifled and wet. 
"God doesn't want me to be happy."
That couldn't be farther from the truth. 
He does want me to be happy.
I am happy.

Sometimes things just block that view.
Over the past few days, I having begun leaning around those obstacles that are blocking my view.
I'm not avoiding them or ignoring them, but I refuse to be defined by them.

I am not the daughter of a cancer-stricken mother.

I am the daughter of a woman who was a leader for lost and broken souls. 
I am the daughter of a woman who pushed through the crushing diagnosis of cancer at 39, and made a life for herself and her family. 

I am not a broken woman who is incapable of having children.

I will be a mother. 
Just wait. 


What does define me are the blessings that surround my life.
What defines you?

1 comment:

  1. My identity is in Christ! Woo hoo!

    That looks delicious, by the way.

    ReplyDelete