Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Little Cheap Never Hurt Anyone - Chair Recovery (Part 2)

Several months ago, I blogged about three chairs that I had purchased from a garage sale for $2.00.

It was an impossible bargain to pass up.
To see before pictures of my lovely find and witness my masterful (kinda) recovering of the cushions, check out my previous post here.

Anyway, I finally dragged the final two chairs out of the attic. 
The first chair was refinished with a rooster motif for my sweet grandmother
(I didn't take any pictures of that one. Sorry.)  
I sanded my little heart out and spent a good part of my day painting three coats of white paint on each chair.  I had every intention of distressing the daylights out of the chairs when the paint had dried, but...

To be honest, I felt as though the chairs had finally gotten a fresh start, a new beginning.
Here I am with a hammer in one hand and a chain in the other ready to beat that fresh white paint to pieces. 
So...
I left the chairs as is.

I kinda like the look.
I breathe easy when I walk past them each morning to open the blinds and allow the sun to come pouring in.
The white is nice.
The white is clean and crisp.
The white is refreshing. 

Am I getting all metaphoric on you?
Yea, I am. 
Oops. 

Well, without further ado...


What do you think?

And... 
On a completely different note.


Blake's graduation is tomorrow! 
Tomorrow!

Holy smokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment