Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Top 10 Things Learned...

In the past month and a half, I've been a mom.
That's right; I'm someone's mama.
Not only that, but I am a mama to two some-ones.

I think I was born to be a mother.
This feels so right and so perfect.

Not saying that it doesn't come with a few rough spots. 
Good Lord, I need a good night's sleep like no other, but...
It's worth it.
They are worth it.

I'd like to present to you:
The Top 10 Things I've Learned in the Past 47 Days
  1. My mom was an incredible mom. The best. She made having three kids look like it was the easiest thing in the world, and her hair, nails, and makeup were always perfect. 
  2. Spit up can, and will, shoot over that stupid burp rag onto your lap, floor, table, refrigerator, pretty much anything within a two foot radius.
  3. Having two adults, two dogs, and two newborns in an apartment in the middle of the third largest city in America is suffocating. I would't recommend it. 
  4. There are now two categories in life: 
    1. Things that are Important - Babies, Sleep, Deodorant, Food (in that order)
    2. Things that aren't Important - Clean Car, the Lemon Tree on the Balcony, Angry Birds (in no particular order)
  5. Babies know exactly when you have pulled that dirty diaper from under them and before you've had a chance to put a clean one under them.
  6. Blake and I are one of those couples who talk about their kids whenever and wherever. We are consumed.
  7. I can change a diaper in 30 seconds flat... I'm pretty sure I'll be able to enter a contest or something here in a couple of months.
  8. Tiny lungs can make some impressive sound. 
  9. As if it was possible, my love for my husband has changed in such an abrupt way. He is not just my best friend; he gave me the chance to be a mother. He gave me my children, and he loves them just as much as I do. 
  10. The second I wrapped my arms around my son and my daughter, I knew that I would do anything, give everything, be whatever they needed to allow them to have the happiest, most successful life possible. I will love them more than they will ever know... Until, possibly, when they have their own children.
Photo Credit: CameraShyCreations

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. 
It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and
crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Agatha Christie, "The Last Seance"

No comments:

Post a Comment