Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Insensitive

I do not want to rant.
I am not going to rant.

Ok. I'm going to rant a little.
What is up with people?
Not everyone, but the few that seem to baffle me into thinking, "What is the purpose behind his/her existence?"

... First and Foremost ...

I am blessed with a magnitude that I could never express. I mean, it took me over six hours (six hours!) to write out the thank you notes to everyone for the largest of gestures to the smallest, kindest expressions amidst our pregnancy. Dozens upon dozens of people celebrated the lives of our two unborn children with us at three baby showers, and I know that I have never felt so much love for two people who have not even stepped foot on this earth. 
It is amazing.
... However ...

If I have one more person ask me if I am having twins because I suffered through infertility...
Tell me my babies are "drug babies"...
Ask me if we "resorted" to IVF...
Ask how expensive it was...
Tell me how my pregnancy compares to their brother's wife's cousin's daughter's pregnancy who took a pill for a month then miraculously got pregnant...
I'm going to punch them.
In the throat.
This pregnancy is mine.
It is precious to me.
It is real and raw to me.

I fought for my ability to have children just as hard anyone.
The road that Blake and I took is not the same road as everyone.

But...
Here we are.

So.
... if you are incapable of keeping your opinions to yourself, especially if I do not know you and you do not know me ...
The next time I tell you that I am indeed having twins.
Yes, one is a boy and one is a girl.
Just say, "Congratulations!"
Then walk away.

... Or else ...
BAM!
... Right in the throat ...
And that is the end of my rant.

Here is a little video from YouTube that my brother-in-law shared with me.
Seriously, people say these things.


1 comment: