Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful

Over the past month there has been a phenomenon across Facebook where people have proclaimed the various persons, places, and things that they are particularly thankful for. Swept in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I began the "Thankful Proclamations" along with thousands of others.

I should have known that I couldn't keep up.
I mean, I barely have time to brush my teeth some days.

*I should note that I visited the dentist last week, and I didn't have ANY cavities.*

Anyway, my entries began to flounder, and by the middle of November my daily "thankful thing" turned into weekly "thankful things" as I attempted to catch-up. By the time Thanksgiving rolled around I was out. 
Excuses for Neglected Facebook:
1. Easton
2. My grandmother's house exists in the sole United States location that doesn't have cell phone service
3. Samantha
4. Blake

I do, however, have many, many things that I am thankful for. 

I am thankful for the obvious...
samantha
easton
blake
maysee and whiskey
health and happiness
friends and family
blake's job
our home
food on the table

          I am thankful for the somewhat-obvious...
          washing machine
          dish washer
          pizza delivery
          side sleeper pillows
          hand sanitizer
          lye (don't ask)
          tequila

                    I am thankful for the only-obvious-to-mommies...
                    boogie wipes
                    jauque
                    bla blas
                    the dot
                    breathable bumpers
                    sophie
                    snuzas
I could go on and on and on...
To sum things up, I have much to be thankful for.
Sometimes I may become overwhelmed by the stresses of life,  but at the end of the day
as I rock a warm, tiny (or if it's Easton, medium-sized) bundle to sleep,
I know that I could never express my gratitude enough.

I am thankful.  

1 comment:

  1. haha I knew I couldn't keep up I didn't even attempt it!!

    Breathable bumpers are the best!

    ReplyDelete