Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Southern Living at Its Finest

Where are you from?

I don't mean where your ancestor's were born or where your family descends from...
I'm not inquiring as to where your great grandfather was born and lived before getting off the boat.

I'm asking about where you are from. Where do you come from? Where were you raised and why is that place always and forever going to be the answer to my question, "Where are you from?"

I am from Memphis, Tennessee. I am partially who I am today because I was born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee. You see, I hold a special place in my heart for this city...

Memphis is where
My brother, sister, and I were introduced to this world.
I was saved and baptized.
I made my first friends.
I believed that Santa and the Easter Bunny were real.
I learned how to swim.
I found out that Santa and Easter Bunny were not real.
I attended elementary, middle, and high school.
I learned to play basketball, softball, and soccer.
I had my first kiss. 
 I went on my first date.
I celebrated fifteen birthdays.
I learned how to drive.
I fell in love with sweet tea, BBQ, and N'Sync.

I am from Memphis, Tennessee.
http://www.semp.us/images/Biot566PhotoG.jpg
Image Credit:Here
Where are you from?

1 comment:

  1. I was singing N'sync this morning :) Love your blog & Dallas is my town for all the same reasons! See ya next weekend! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete