Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah

Initially, I was planning on posting a nice, new update on what has been happening with our list: "We're in Our 20's, Dang-It!" However, when I started looking through it all, I realized that Blake and I really haven't touched on any of our goals since my last update here.

No worries, though.
These are all long term goals, as in:
"There is no way to accomplish these suckers in the next few months.
It's going to be more like a few years."

Moving on, though.
I haven't had the most blissful of weeks.
Actually, I've been in a bad mood for the past five days.

I'm moping. I'm feeling sorry for myself.
And the worst part? I feel as though these feelings are justified.

I know better than this... Right?!

Seriously, though.
I know I'm blessed, but blah, blah, blah.

I'm not going to sit here, however, and talk about the things that suck right now.
I'm going to talk about ten random things.
Starting now.

1. There are like four cats sitting outside my house right now, howling. It is the most annoying sound, and on top of it, Whiskey can hear them too. In turn, she is pacing up and down the length of the house, whining. She wants me to let her out, so she can eat  playwith chase (I don't really know what) the cats. I'm contemplating letting her out just to see what happens.

2. I planted a bunch of flowers a little over two weeks ago. I'm pretty pumped that they are all still alive and thriving. I'm hoping that they stay that way at least until Blake's family comes down in May for his graduation.

3. I'm somewhat anxious/excited about my job for next year, but I can't say too much at the moment. I'll definitely share when I get the green light from the boss. 

4. Last night I saw "How to Train a Dragon", and I ate part of the largest mountain of ice cream that I have ever laid my eyes on... Those are the kinds of things that happen when you hang with a group of 10-year-olds. 

5. I have a few chores that I need to run today, but I won't because it looks like it's going to rain outside. I just washed my car (as in I washed it with my two hands), and I refuse to get it dirty already.

6. The house is clean. I spent all day Wednesday cleaning it. After I fold a load of laundry, I will have nothing to do. I should be elated to relax, but I'm just going to be bored. 
(Remember, I can't go anywhere because my car is clean. Is there something wrong with me?)

7. Hmmm... Now that I think of it, I have some peaches that need to be used. Maybe I'll use my free time to make these: Peach Streusel Muffins

8. It's thundering outside... Yep, keeping the car in for the moment.

9. I need a vacation... 

10. I love my IPhone! It prevents me from getting lost more often than I'd like to admit.

The End!
I apologize for the somewhat random post.

Okay, the cats are still howling, but I am feeling a little better.
After all, today is a new day.

UPDATE: My curiosity got the best of me. I let Whiskey out the front door, and like a flash, she was after one of the cats that was howling outside my front window. She chased the cat around the corner and down the street. 

At first I was all, "Wow. She can run fast..." but then I added on "...away from me."

I stood there, in my pajamas, with neighbors everywhere, yelling, "Whiskey, come. Whiskey, come now. GET OVER HERE!"

I thought for about a minute that I had lost her, and I contemplated jumping in my car to drive around for her. I mean, seriously, the good dog, my dog, Maysee, was sitting loyally at my feet, and the bad dog, Blake's dog, Whiskey, was nowhere to be seen. And it was thundering. Great.

But, with one last yell for Whiskey...my neighbors now know I'm insane and probably drunk all the time...she came running back around the corner without a cat hanging from her mouth. 

Talk. About. Relief. 

That would have been fun to tell Blake. 
"Hey. Yea. Your dog ran away today. She got out... the front door... because I opened it... and told her to run... Sorry?"

I'm going to nurse Whiskey's bleeding scratches now. Good-ness.

At least I have something to do... Right?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your condolences Kim. Aw, I'm sorry you're feeling blah. But it's allowed :) Btw, the cats howling...they're having sex. Yeah. The female cat can't get away b/c the male cat's penis has spikes on it. Ha....sorry for the detailed description! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete