Wednesday, May 26, 2010

(500) Days of Summer

So...
Have you seen (500) Days of Summer?
Blake and I watched it for the first time last night.

Very randomly, we decided at around 10:30PM that we weren't tired, and that we should camp out in our bed with the dogs to watch it.

Did you know that Blake and I used to like to do things on a whim?

There have been a lot of decisions...
... from big (like that one time we bought a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon because I was having a meltdown about commuting 2 hours every day)...
... to small (like that instance when we decided to stay up late to watch (500) Days of Summer)...
(Hilarious, I know.)
... made on a whim.

Anyway, Blake and I have no trouble balancing each other out,
except when we make a rash decision.

Example:

Kim: "I found this amazing chateau in Southern France. We should go sometime."

Blake: "That is awesome!" (As he looks through the pictures online.)
"Wouldn't it be amazing to go in December, right before Christmas?"

BAM!
Our trip for Southern France in December is booked.

Goodness.
I have totally gone astray from my original intention for this post...
(500) Days of Summer.

Well, if you've seen the movie, do you remember the game that the two play in the park...?
The one where they say a certain word louder and louder until someone gets too embarrassed and quits?

Blake and I play that all the time.
We played that throughout high school, college, and into our "mature" adult lives.

Our best showcase was when we were walking home from a Mexican restaurant after too many margaritas.
No one quit that game.

Have you ever played?
Someone please tell me you know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - love that game. I used to play it with my girlfriends. I recently watched 500 days too - might be my new fave movie :) xo

    ReplyDelete