Wednesday, May 19, 2010

As of Late...


Blake and I rarely have time to sit down and watch television.
I can't keep up with any series out there, and unless Blake and I absolutely make a point to watch a show, we get lost by the drama, relationships, story-line, and we quickly lose interest.
That seems to have changed even only in the few days that Blake has graduated.

We both have more time.
Blake doesn't have school or assignments or readings, 
and, in turn, he helps me with my responsibilities. 

For the past two weeks that he has come home from work, we're finding that everything is taken care of...
... watering the yard and flowers
... feeding the pups their supper
... making our own meal
... ironing work clothes and making sack lunches for the next morning
... by 7:00 in the evening. 
Now what?
T.V.

I'm definitely not pleased with this new schedule with which we have begun molding our evenings. 
We could be doing something productive!
Walking the dogs!
Planning upcoming trips!
Plotting out our takeover of the world! (Not really...)

Still...
With this new television-watching-stage in our nights, I have seen a few episodes from a couple of shows that have made me think.

I hear ya... "Gasp! Television doesn't make you think?!"

Well, on the recent reruns of Friends and on a series of episodes of Bill and Giuliana (on E!), there has been much focus on fertility issues.
Without getting all into it, I'm going to say that I've been thinking about adopting.
No, not immediately, and, no, that's not our first option, but I'm still thinking about it.

You see, when all this first started to take place, I immediately turned down the option of adopting.
"No way! There is no control!" 
(I'm pretty sure those were my exact words.)
Now I'm not so confident in turning that away. 
I have to admit that ultimately, I will do whatever it takes to be able to have a child made by myself and my husband. 
We do, after all, have "okay" odds considering Blake's excellent conditions.
(I won't explain it any further.)

Still, I just thought I'd it put out there that adopting isn't completely crossed off our list anymore.
I'm still warming up to the idea, though.
Plus, I haven't even discussed this with Blake. Shhh...

Aside from all of that, I've got some news!

Today is Maysee's 6th birthday... Happy birthday, Maysee!!!
You're the best dog/friend/listener/foot warmer ever.


P.S. Please don't be mad at me when we leave you with the neighbor to attend the Jimmy Buffet concert...

1 comment:

  1. I think that adopting is an awesome gift to give to a child that will totally be a blessing in return to you.

    Brian and I don't have a TV. I gave my TV away before we got married because we wanted to spend the first year of marriage without one. It will be 2 years in October, and we've been fine without one. We do catch some series online though and have 4 that we watch - The Office, Lost, Flash Forward and Dancing With the Stars. But I like not having a TV because we don't just sit and flick through the channels to see what's on. With watching shows online, we just sit and watch for the amount of time the show is on, and then we're done. Otherwise, I would be too tempted to sit and watch the Food Network all day long, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete